2016 年硕士研究生招生考试初试试题（ A 卷 ）
科目代码: 211 满分: 100 分
I. Vocabulary and Structure (20 points)
Directions: There are 20 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four
choices marked A., B., C. and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence.
Then write down your answer on the Answer Sheet.
1. Columbus' decision to sail west to reach the East _____ on his belief that the earth was round.
A. existed B. sat C. relaxed D. rested
2. Despite the wonderful acting and well-developed plot the _____ movie could not hold our attention.
A. three-hours B. three-hour C. three-hours' D. three-hour's
3. Difficulties can _____ a person's best qualities.
A. bring up B. bring out C. bring about D. bring to
4. Doctors sometimes _____ old cures when modern medicine doesn't work.
A. fall on B. fall down on C. fall back on D. fall in upon
5. Does brain power _____ as we get older? Scientists now have some surprising answers.
A. descend B. decline C. deduce D. collapse
6. Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores, and this is especially true _____ it comes to
A. when B. since C. before D. after
7. Don't worry. The company will _____ all your expense.
A. satisfy B. meet C. pay D. submit
8. Eventually, people spread throughout the continent, ______ the entire species.
A. wiping out B. wiping away C. wiping off D. wiping up
9. Experts say walking is one of the best ways for a person to ______ healthy.
A. preserve B. stay C. maintain D. reserve
10. Faced with the ______ difficulties, they are determined to carry on their program.
A. satisfactory B. attributable C. innocent D. intangible
11. Fewer and fewer of today's workers expect to spend their working lives in the same field, ______ the same
A. all else B. much worse C. let alone D. less likely
12. Flying in an airplane was once thought to be an impossible ______.
A. task B. profession C. promise D. contest
13. Fresh vegetables are straight from the ______ and raw vegetables are ______.
A. earth...cooked B. soil...uncooked C. floor...cooked D. ground...uncooked
14. Such poets as Shakespeare ________ widely read，of whose works，however，some ________ difficult to
A．are；are B．is；is C．are；is D．is；are
15. Three quarters of the forest ________ burnt to ashes and the rest ________ cut down for construction.